About the Position
You will analyze, monitor, track, and report behaviors and tasks logged by assets (i.e. applications, systems, networks) of Intensity Global’s customers ensuring that they are protected from any potential leaks of information, malicious activities or vulnerabilities
Activities will include analyzing and correlating event logs to help identify normal versus malicious activity in the network/domain and proactively monitoring cybersecurity and information technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, networks, applications and services
This position will communicate with the Corporate CISO, customer’s IT representatives, Managed Security Services and other appropriate areas, as needed
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and monitoring of security tools to protect systems and data.
- Performs Cybersecurity Effectiveness test for network elements, applications and databases to identify vulnerabilities.
- Analyzes and assesses security incidents and escalates incidents by following incident plan.
- Develops and maintains standard practices and procedures for appropriate response to identified threats.
- Assesses potential risks and vulnerabilities to develop baselines and assist with response to deviations.
- Performs risk and security assessments of applications, databases, and servers and supporting network technologies, such as routers, switches, access points.
- Works with IT teams to solve information security system problems and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and execute Cybersecurity Awareness programs for our clients
- Develops and executes corrective action and remediation plans for identified issues, risks or vulnerabilities.
- Study and help adopt emerging technologies and assist in determining where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities.
- Participate in annual security audits, incident response exercises, security reporting, audit and compliance support.
- Work with Information Security Officer to provide security incident escalation support and remediate security issues.
- Performs reviews and assessments of security controls before hardware/software is migrated to production.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a System Administrator (Unix/Windows) or Network Administrator
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a security operations center and/or system administration role
- Experience troubleshooting common network devices, network vulnerabilities and network attack patterns
- Hands on experience managing various security tools (e.g. Web Content Filtering, Anti-Malware, Firewalls, Intrusion Protection, etc.)
- Ability to write security requirements and design documents
Fast learner and able to adopt new technologies
- Ability to analyze system data, including, but not limited to, security and network event logs, web, anti-virus, DLP, syslogs, IPS and firewall logs
- Knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and security standards that may impact information security
- CISSP, CCNA, MCSE certifications would be considered an asset